We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual with an interdisciplinary background combining technical and engineering skills with life sciences to join our Technical Support teams.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you have outstanding people and organizational skills and a keen interest to work in a small business environment with a focus on cutting-edge technology.
Please submit your application with a complete CV and cover letter.
Working as an emka Technical Support Specialist from our office in Sterling Virginia, you are involved in many facets of our operations, including:
Technical Support Responsibilities
- Analyse, accurately report and solve technical issues (both for software & hardware) for both customers (external) and sales team (internal)
- Communicate technical details via email, phone or video conferences to both our customers and head office in Paris, France.
- Update and maintain ticketing system to track and service support issues
- Serve as technical expert on emka products and software for North America
- Train employees on hardware, software, and company procedures
- Participate in quality testing to ensure high quality products
- Provide remote support, installation & training via remote support tools and video conferences
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Travel is available and sometimes required but infrequent for this position. When travel is needed it would mostly be domestic and Canada.
- Perform software validations services (ie: script writing, consulting, installations, etc)
- Manage software licensing for North America
- Develop and assist in maintaining required technical documentation
- Recommend changes or updates in programming, documentation, and training to address system deficiencies and user needs
- Develop and maintain inventory system
- Process and verify customer/vendor purchase orders
- Manage stock and demo equipment
- Develop, manage and maintain support lab in Headquarters office
- A wide variety of responsibilities and challenges
- A friendly team environment
- Exciting growth opportunities
- A pleasant, modern working environment with good compensation and benefits
- An interdisciplinary education that combines Engineering and Life Sciences or a related field
- Technical experience with medical/research equipment or related medical field
- The ability to learn, analyze and articulate technical information and convey to non-technical and technical people
- An excellent attention to detail, organization and multi-tasking ability
- The ability to rapidly learn highly technical information in a dynamic work environment
- A calm & patient disposition and outstanding customer service skills
- The ability to work efficiently, both independently and in a team
- Hands-on experience with Windows
- Good understanding of computer systems and other technical products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. GoToSupport or TeamViewer)
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Successful completion of a University degree in Engineering, Life Sciences or a related degree
- Relevant experience in technical support and troubleshooting,
- Familiarity with the scientific research process (grant applications, conferences, publications)
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken).
- Ability to prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Lean Certification and Total Quality System (QMS) preferred
- Knowledge of cardiovascular physiology and neurophysiology.
- Prior experience using a technical support ticketing system
- Prior experience managing a technical support team and associated support or ticketing system
- Prior technical sales or after-sales experience
- Prior experience building in-house databases
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
- Other spoken languages