Wire myograph systems
The measurement of microvessels contractility following drug administration is widely used in preclinical research.
Our myograph systems are suitable for the study of microvessels, such as veins, small arteries, lymph vessels and tracheal smooth muscle.
Oxygenated and nutrient-rich perfusate is provided to tissues with lumen diameter from 100µm to 3mm and segment lengths up to 3.5mm, while allowing the investigation of vascular function following drug challenges.
Our product line includes:
- emkaMYO2, driven manually and equipped with 1 or 2 myograph modules
- emkaBATH4, automated system equipped with up to 4 myograph modules
Easy to operate
Compact and modular systems
- Available in single (MYO1), dual (MYO2) or with four myograph modules (emkaBATH4)
- Equipped with itMYO2 isometric transducer
- Small bath volume of 5 ml
- Vessels are mounted on tungsten wire
- Precision vernier positioner for tissue tension
- emkaBATH4 can also be used for tissue studies in tubular baths. Learn more
Easy to use
- Easy access to the tissue
- Monobloc myograph bath for easy cleaning
- Integrated transducers and amplifiers
- Manual tissue tensioning
- Automated bath emptying
- Bath temperatures adjusted & controlled electronically
- MYO1 can be upgraded with two myograph modules
- Myograph module can be used indifferently on emkaMYO2 or emkaBATH4
Which model to choose?
emkaMYO2 is ideal for education:
- Easy to install, to use and store
- Touchscreen for information display and simple settings
- Automatic emptying
emkaBATH4 answers your more complex requirements, with:
- Up to 16 myograph modules automatically managed by a single computer
- In-line electric heating
- Automatic bath filling and emptying
- Bath overflow, to remove any risk of dry-out (tissue is never exposed to air)
- Ability to switch from tubular to microvessel baths in a few minutes
How data is acquired and analyzed
Each myograph module is equipped with two jaws, a transducer and a Vernier positioner. Each jaw holds a piece of tungsten wire on which the vessel is mounted (parallel wires are passed through the vessel lumen).
Tissue pretensioning is done by the precision Vernier positioners. The force of muscular contraction is transmitted to the transducer.
Measured tension is acquired by iox2 software, which provides:
- Detailed calculation on slow contracting tissue
- Full data display as graph, tables or trends
- On-the-fly comment and mark addition
- A normalization module
Calculated parameters generated by iox2 software can be automatically processed by datanalyst software, to provide statistics such as data group averaging, ED50…, presented in concise tabular format.
Hypertension, Diabetes, Pulmonary Hypertension (PHTN), Gastrointestinal disease etc.
Effect of exercise training on resistance arteries in rats with chronic NOS inhibition
Kuru et al, J Appl Physiol , 2009
Long-term feeding with bioactive tripeptides in aged hypertensive and normotensive rats: special focus on blood pressure and bradykinin-induced vascular reactivity
A Siltari et al, journal of physiology and pharmacology 2017
Long Term High-Fat Diet-Induced Modification of Vascular Wall and Perivascular Adipose Tissue-Mediated Oxidative Stress: Consequences for Endothelium-Independent Vascular Function in Rats
Sanchez et al. Int J Clin Cardiol 2017
Acetylcholine stimulated dilatation and stretch induced myogenic constriction in mesenteric artery of rats with chronic heart failure
Y. X u et al, European Journal of Heart Failure, 2007