Tissue baths systems
The measurement of isolated tissue contractility following drug administration is widely used in preclinical research. Studying the intrinsic ability to contact or relax in an isolated tissue bath where external influences are removed can offer complimentary data to in vivo measurements. This technique is a classic pharmacological tool that can be applied to various types of contractile tissues from different species.
Our tissue baths systems are suitable for the study of tissue strips and vessels such as smooth muscle (aortic rings, ileum, uterine tissue, trachea, mesenteric artery, colon), cardiac muscle (atrium, ventricule, papillary muscle) and skeletal muscle (diaphragm), during drug exposure and/or electrical stimulation.
Our product line includes:
- emkaBATH2 tissue bath, manually driven and equipped with 1 or 2 baths
- emkaBATH4, a modular tissue bath and myograph setup, fully automated
Up to four emkaBATH setups can be monitored from a single interface equipped with iox2 software.
Integrated & compact
Easy to operate
Which tissues can be studied?
In vitro contractility assay can be conduct on various types of tissue or microvessels. emkaBATH tissue baths setups are suitable for the study of tissue strips or muscles and vessels (int. diameter 500µm – 10 mm, max. length:40 mm).
Which emkaBATH model to choose?
emkaBATH2 is ideal for students:
- Easy to install, to use and store
emkaBATH4 answers your more complex requirements, with:
- Up to 16 baths automatically managed by a single acquisition computer
- The ability to switch from tubular to microvessel baths in a few minutes (can handle microvessels of diameter 100µm to 3 mm and up to 3.5 mm long).
Both models offer:
- Easy bath mounting and removal for cleaning
- External connections and peripheral devices reduced to a minimum
- Digital display of transducers reading
- Very sensitive isometric transducers
- In-line electric heating (faster than air-heated systems, it dispenses from keeping physiological liquid warm long hours before using)
- Bath overflow, to remove any risk of dry-out, as tissue is never exposed to air
Download brochures below to learn more about detailed specifications.
Data acquisition & analysis
Along with iox2 software, emkaBATH provides:
- Beat to beat calculation on fast beating tissues (papillary/atrial muscles)
- Detailed calculation on slow contracting tissue (uterus, ileum)
- A normalization module for microvessels
- Protocols for maximum automation on up to 16 baths
(bath operations, tissue tensioning & stimulator control with emkaBATH4)
Calculated parameters generated by iox2 software can be automatically processed by datanalyst software, to provide statistics such as data group averaging, ED50…, presented in concise tabular format.
But also gastrointestinal dysfunctions, hypertension, diabete, heart failure, neurotoxin studies etc.
An Evaluation and Comparison of Vessel Reactivity Using the Descending Aorta and Superior Mesenteric Artery in a Myograph System
John Ross et al, Poster presented by Charles River - SPS Annual Meeting 2019
Clozapine Disrupts Endothelial Nitric Oxide Signaling and Antioxidant System for its Cardiovascular Complications
Gayathri M Nair et al, J Young Pharm, 2019;11(1):105-107
Augmentation of VAMP-catalytic activity of botulinum neurotoxin serotype B does not result in increased potency in physiological systems
Eliott et al, Plos one, 2017
Botulinum Neurotoxins Serotypes A and B induce paralysisof mouse striated and smooth muscles with differentpotencies
Jacquie Maignel-Ludop et al, Pharmacology Research & Perspective, 2017
A comprehensive study of Phospholipid fatty acid rearrangements in the early onset of the metabolic syndrome: correlations to organ dysfunction
Amélie Bacle et al, BioRxiv, 2019
In Silico, Ex Vivo and In Vivo Studies of Roflumilast as a Potential Antidiarrheal and Antispasmodic agent: Inhibition of the PDE-4 Enzyme and Voltage-gated Ca++ ion Channels
Najeeb Ur Rehman et al, Molecules 2020