Solid state and fluid-filled pressure catheters
emka TECHNOLOGIES offers blood pressure catheters for use with rodents (mice and rats) and large animals (from rabbits to cows):
- emka Blood Pressure Transducer is a fluid filled catheter, adapted to the size of the artery, ideal for blood pressure measurements in the range of -50 to + 300 mmHg.
- Transonic Scisense Catheters offer solid-state sensors mounted at the tip, to measure pressures with a high degree of precision. They are ideal for arterial, venous or cardiac pressures due to the solid-state sensor’s ability to accurately respond to minute and rapid changes in pressure.
Solid state pressure catheters
- Sizes : 1.2F to 7.0F
- Single or dual pressure sensors
- Polyimide tubing provides ideal balance of flexibility and rigidity
- Pressure membrane recessed for protection
- High frequency response maintains signal integrity and prevents damping or attenuation
- No motion artifact or overshoot as with conventional fluid-filled catheters
- Pressure resolution of 10uV/mmHg which is higher than the industry standard
- All 7.0F Catheters are available with an optional lumen to allow drug administration, blood sampling or guide wire insertion.
- Compatible with SP200 Pressure Control Unit, which integrates to emka TECHNOLOGIES data acquisition system (no additional amplification required – can be plugged on usbACQ or easyMATRIX3), thus providing:
Catheter size is based on animal weight and application. Small vessel applications may require a smaller size than the listed suggestion.
Fluid-filled Blood Pressure Transducer (BPT)
- Fluid-filled catheter
- Precision calibrated and temperature-compensated
- Operating pressure range: -50 to 300 mmHg
- Robust and inexpensive
- In-line design allows easy removal of air bubbles
- Compatible with emka data acquisition system (can be plugged on usbACQ or easyMATRIX3)