rodentPACK, backpack system for rat
rodentPACK is a telemetry system to investigate biopotentials (ECG, EEG, EMG) and acceleration on freely moving animals 50g and upwards, such as rats.
It may be fixed to the cranium for neuro cardiovascular studies, or worn in a jacket for non-invasive ECG recordings. The wireless backpack configuration allows non-invasive recording of:
- 1 or 2-lead ECG (2, 3 or 4 electrode cables)
- x/y/z and global acceleration for postural and activity assessment
rodentPACK miniature transmitter (5.2g) is worn in a jacket and fitted with miniature ECG cables and skin electrodes.
Digital telemetry receivers are positioned in the animals’ room, within 3 to 5 meters distance from their associated transmitters.
Each subject is therefore free to move, single or group-housed in its cage, during the acquisition (up to 32 rats in the same room with no required shielding).
The whole system is compact, as a single receiver can communicate with up to 4 transmitters. Receivers are powered and transmit data through a single Ethernet cable.
With rodentPACK system, we offer a cost-effective system with:
- 150 hours of continuous recording with same batteries
- No refurbishment (batteries cost less than $2/recording)
Data acquisition with iox2 software:
- Long term continuous data recording
- Real-time analysis display
- Synchronized video recording
Gold standard ECG analysis with ecgAUTO software:
- Beat-by-beat, single, inter and multi-lead analysis
- Full range of parameters (intervals, amplitudes, areas)
- Custom parameters (inter-beat, inter-lead, formulas)
- Subject dependent advanced QT correction
- Isolated P-waves, arrhythmias, abnormal events detection
- Variability analysis on any parameter
- Automated protocol and batch analysis of successive files
- Extensive data review, edition, export modes