Pressure volume catheters
emka TECHNOLOGIES provides Pressure Volume catheters from Transonic Scisense, to be used with iox2 acquisition software, for the study of hemodynamics and cardiac function in small and large animals hearts. Our system offers:
- Excellent measurement accuracy
- Either traditional conductance or improved admittance measurement modes
- Absolute volume in real-time with admittance mode
- Phase angle, useful in locating catheter in ventricule with admittance mode
- Blood conductance provided with no contribution from surrounding tissues in admittance mode
- iox2 software for powerful analysis
Improved admittance technique
Phase angle to locate catheter in ventricule (admittance mode)
iox2 software for powerful analysis
PV loop analysis
All signals (pressure, volume, phase, magnitude) are available as analog outputs.
Phase and magnitude signals are used for quality control in admittance mode.
The pressure and volume signals are used to compute PV loops curves, when connected to iox2 software through a usbACQ interface. Complete analysis of loops can be performs (steady-state, vena cava occlusion) within iox2 software:
- Loops from single or multiple animals are simultaneously displayed
- PV cycles are user selectable for loop analysis
- Linear or nonlinear regression is used for curve fitting
- Regression accuracy increased, with specific beats invalidated in a serie
- Different occlusions can be compared, with several series displayed on the same graph
- Loops from single or multiple subjects are simultaneously displayed
- Results are reviewed and exported to Microsoft® Excel
- Full compliance with 21 CFR part 11 & GLP requirements
The PV loops analyzer generates several parameters including:
- End-Systolic Pressure-Volume Relationship (ESPVR)
- End-Diastolic Pressure-Volume Relationship (EDPVR)
- Preload Recruitable Stroke Work relationship (PRSW)
- arterial elastance (Ea)
- stroke work
Transonic Scisense PV catheters
Transonic Scisense Pressure Volume catheters provide cardiac researchers the unique ability to measure almost every imaginable hemodynamic and contractile index of ventricular function with a single instrument.
Catheters are available with a range of volume electrode spacings to fit any ventricle size, from rodent to large animals. Variable Segment Length (VSL) catheters are also available for even more flexibility in matching ventricle sizes.
VSL Catheters have 4 volume electrode options designed to offer flexibility and ensure proper fit.
Rodent Pressure Volume catheters are specifically designed for use with mice and rat sized ventricles.
Transonic Scisense Pressure Volume Catheters for large animals range in size from 3.5F to 7.0F to span the entire range of heart sizes from rabbits to cows. All 7.0F Catheters are available with an optional lumen to allow drug administration, blood sampling or guide wire insertion.