Implants for rats
easyTEL implantable system transmits physiological data from conscious freely moving rats.
Physiological measurements are captured by a transmitter surgically implanted and wirelessly transmitted to a receiver within 3 to 5 meters distance.
Various models are available to meet your study needs and offer the ability to continuously record:
- Biopotential (ECG, EEG, EMG)
- Blood pressure (Arterial and/or Left Ventricular Pressure)
- Respiratory rate
- Acceleration from 3-axis accelerometer (activity)
*Derived from pleural or blood pressure, or diaphragmatic EMG
Ease of use
Why choose telemetry technology?
Wireless technology is ideal to reliably transfer high volumes of data from a freely moving animal. Advantages associated with this technique are well known: longer and better-quality data obtained from less stressed subjects, allowing compliance with 3Rs principles. Furthermore, in vivo studies from conscious, unanesthetized instrumented animals are recommended by the FDA for ICH S7A studies.
Wireless implanted telemetry provides the unique ability to look into long-term physiological trends, as well as rare or isolated physiological events (arrhythmias, seizures, etc.)..
When simplicity meets reliability
Choosing easyTEL implanted telemetry means opting for a reliable system, easy to implement and to manage:
- Perform studies with single or group-housed rats
- Configure and manage the implants remotely via software: no more magnet for implant on/off
- Collect and combine synchronized signals from implants and any other source (analog signal, biopotential electrodes, strain gauge transducers (Learn more). This is particularly useful for cardio or neurorespiratory applications (see various applications in the section below)
- Our single-use (non-refurbished) implants means no reconditioning, no shipping costs and delays. Implants can be re-implanted as long as battery lasts
And many more!