non-invasive telemetry is perfect for pigs
The system developed by emka TECHNOLOGIES provides a restraint and surgery-free method to monitor subjects utilizing non-invasive telemetry.
Non-invasive telemetry is an ideal solution for data acquisition in pigs. It eliminates stress on the animal during restraint, and facilitates easier interactions between the animals and investigators.
The system is easily adaptable for use in pigs of different sizes, and can be used to acquire ecg data with the Nehb-Spöri lead configuration.
Durable jackets and equipment are uniquely suited to the species.
Minipigs in toxicology and safety pharmacology applications
Use of the minipig in preclinical research has been steadily growing in recent years, and is set to continue as experience accumulates. Studies performed on minipigs are fully acceptable by regulatory authorities, including the FDA.
The minipig offers several advantages as a second and even first non-rodent species in safety studies.
The minipig is a good preclinical model, as many of the organ systems are physiologically and histologically similar to human counterparts. The minipig has a similar heart-to-body weight ratio and a coronary artery distribution similar to humans. Moreover, cardiac anatomy, physiology, metabolism and electrophysiology are comparable to man.
In this respect, emka TECHNOLOGIES can supply and install necessary hardware and software, and provide other valuable services such as training, ongoing support and maintenance, and validation.
The system developed by emka TECHNOLOGIES provides a method to monitor subjects utilizing non-invasive telemetry.
• restraint-free data acquisition is preferable in pigs because they are easily stressed during restraint and prolonged human interaction
• easily adaptablefor use in pigs of different sizes
• emkaPACK telemetry transmitters and jackets are robust
The emkaPACK transmitter can be used to acquire 1- to 9-lead ECG, respiration and several other parameters in single or groups of animals. A synchronized video signal can also be acquired.
The best solution for studies with non-invasive telemetry
- • respiration studies (lung volume)
- • acceleration
- • group housing
- • synchronized video all-in-one file:
- • click the waveforms and see the corresponding images
ecgAUTO: the best integrated digital solution for ECG studies
Our industry leading ECG analysis software ecgAUTO offers several features to allow you to fully exploit your data:
- • shape recognition techniques for all ecg waveforms
- • 1-lead, 6-lead, 12-lead ecg amplifiers
- • easy data recording
- • ecgAUTO, reliable automated ecg analysis
- • on-line or delayed calibrated print-outs
- • organize, review and archive study results
- • produce results from day 1
- • replace traditional ecg paper printer
- • store all recordings from 1 subject in 1 file
- • subject-dependent advanced QT correction
- • interface with animal ID readers
- • validation documents - on-site validation services
- • direct transfer to in-house database
- • simultaneous analysis of cardiovascular signals
- • full on-site training
- • strong aftersales support
• reach glp & 21 cfr part 11 compliance
Kamil Nahas, Philippe Baneux, David Detweiler, Electrocardiographic monitoring in the Gottingen minipig (1.29 Mo)
, Comparative Medicine, Vol 52, No3, June 2002, Pages 256-264, American Association for Laboratory Animal Science, 2002
Minipigs as models for the toxicity testing of new medicines and chemicals: impact assessment
(presented at the Society of Toxicology’s 47th Annual Meeting 2008)
Download document (914.1 Ko)