emka TECHNOLOGIES provides complete and integrated solutions for researchers performing isolated tissue/organ, cardiovascular, ecg, electrophysiology, pulmonary, behaviour, cns and mcm studies on:
• rodents, such as mice and rats
• dogs & primate
• swine & minipigs
Integrated hardware and software solutions for different types of cardiovascular studies:
• isolated heart (working heart or Langendorff): Complete setup to run isolated heart experiments on hearts from mice, rats, guinea pigs or rabbits. In addition to left ventricular pressure (lvp), ECG may be acquired.
• pv loops: Characterization of the intact heart's performance under various situations (drugs, disease, characterization of mouse strains…) is possible by use of conductance catheters measuring pressure-volume (PV) changes in the left ventricle. Configuration and analysis performed in iox via dedicated PV analyzer.
• ecg studies: Ecg is one of the parameters commonly measured during phenotyping of genetically modified strains. emka TECHNOLOGIES provides a range of solutions for performing ecg studies on different animals from mouse to primate.
• baroreflex sensitivity: assessment of baroreflex sensitivity is based on analysis of a blood pressure signal. The analysis module is available as an option with the bp analyser.
• thrombosis: In the described setup, thrombus formation is induced mechanically and followed by measuring flow downstream.
• Solutions for studying the electrical and, where appropriate, contractile properties of excitable tissues: single-cell or multicellular recording from isolated tissue, non-invasive eeg recordings...
• cardiac action potential: Full setups for studying electrical activity of individual cardiac cells, such as Purkinje fibre, bundle of His and papillary muscles.
• cardiac conductivity: Full setups for studying conduction pathways in health and disease: specialist catheters and stimulus generators, amplifier, software for acquisition and analysis.
Full hardware and software solutions: whole-body plethysmography with unrestrained freely moving subjects; double-chamber plethsymography with restrained subjects; resistance/compliance measurements with anesthetized subject.
• cigarette exposure: For studying acute, sub-chronic and chronic animal models of cigarette-smoking induced lung disease.
• cardiorespiratory studies: record cardiac and respiratory activity simultaneously in conscious rats or mice.
• gas mixture exposure: We supply setups for the study of exposure to different gas mixtures (up to 3 gases). Setup includes mass-flow controllers for controlling gas flow and iox software for remote control and acquisition.
Setups to study hemodynamics in anesthetized rats and mice.
Isolated organs studies:
emka TECHNOLOGIES provides a complete suite of integrated hardware and software solutions for studying isolated tissue, specifically contractile tissue such as aortic rings, trachea, papillary muscle, uterine tissue, isolated heart, microvessels.
emka TECHNOLOGIES provides several hardware and software products for the study of the CNS system at different levels (electrophysiological, behavioural,...).
TECHNOLOGIES provides several hardware and software products for the Medical Countermeasures Reasearch.
For studying eating/drinking behaviour or motor co-ordination.